carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 26 December 2018

NL, part II - Amsterdam pllek and Eindhoven, and a lot of food

"I want to be free."

It was only three nights in total, I think, but it felt like much longer, and that was when I knew I absolutely had to leave. On the fourth day I suggested that we go to Den Haag again, upon A's invitation, and it's bittersweet knowing that our last full memory together was nice - we chilled out at A's and G's, sat around and watched random Netflix movies and talked a lot. It was nice but also very banal, at least for me, although he enjoyed it. He didn't know it was the last time. I wished it wasn't, but I knew it had to be. And just like that, this is the most personal blog entry I've ever written.

When I returned to Amsterdam on the flixbus I went to Shir, and immediately felt much better - this was the world I belonged to and felt at ease at. It was as if I had re-emerged from the subterranean world and was back in the light again. We walked and found a good Thai restaurant, and talked, and I told her about all that had happened, and asked her if I could crash at her place for a night, since I didn't want to go back to the underground ever again. She said yes of course. I went back with her to Utrecht and we sat there and talked some more, ate more food, drank coffee, and then she made up a bed for me and I slept peacefully till daybreak. I stopped to say goodbye to her, and then went off to catch my train back to Amsterdam Sloterdijk. I sat in Sloterdijk's Starbuck's and waited for my flixbus, texted D, more regrets were made, and then got on my bus to Eindhoven. He called me, and we talked, and I was actually already preparing to get off the bus and go to him, but paused for thought and decided it wouldn't be such a good idea after all, and just like that, I will never see him ever again.

Pllek - where Shir and me went to meet with her friends and colleagues.



After pllek, the Thai restaurant.


Shir's Utrecht flat.




Adios Utrecht..!

I miss these kinds of train stations

I met another D in Eindhoven and he showed me around the place and we had a fairly good time, although far too food was consumed. I discovered my love for white wine mussels and let him walk me around. Although he did show me a slightly better side of this city I had hitherto hated, I still don't think I'd be happy actually living here - it's very desolate and boring and industrial for the most part, and doesn't really vibe with me.




Spritz, which I just cannot take a shine to
















No comments:

Post a Comment