carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Post dissertation blues

Ehm, never thought I'd be moping about after finishing my dissertation, but here I am. I actually kind of miss how my life was back then, when I was being literally eaten alive by my dissertation and neverending drafts/editing.

So, here's to:

  1. the long hours at the med school's library, which is right behind our dorm
  2. the nine to twelves, and ones to sixes, coming home to cook a quick dinner, catch a nap, and then heading off to the cafe to work till midnight
  3. loads, and loads, and loads of mcflurries, and cheeseburgers and everything on the budget menu in general
  4. getting to know all the mcdonald's staff
  5. the grad study room, and all the cool people I met there
  6. those hilarious moments when we would go around handing out snacks and fruit to everyone else in the room
  7. putting my feet up on the sofa in the cafe, and in the grad study room
  8. THE CHAIRS.
  9. barely going to the supermarket, and living off instant ramen/instant soup/frozen food
  10. seeing the foxes nose around the cafe every night
  11. walking through the campus at midnight, back to the dorm
  12. getting to sort of know everyone else at the library, since it was basically just the same old bunch showing up every day
  13. just the whole experience of writing, formatting, sighing, eating, thinking and refining my argument
  14. eureka moments when everything made sense.
  15. living in the library.
  16. I am growing increasingly incoherent. Maybe I should just stop.


Maybe I'm getting old. Nostalgia setting in and all, graduate blues. And thus I conclude my masters. Now for central and eastern Europe.




No comments:

Post a Comment