carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 13 July 2014

More pictures of Romania, part II


It was...both funny and painful, watching Brazil being hammered to bits by the Dutch last night. I don’t think anyone was really surprised by what happened, but nevertheless, that must have hurt. Am quite looking forward to the final showdown today. Again, I don’t think there’s going to be too many surprises there, unless Germany decides to pull another 4 goals during a toilet break.

Hm. When I was going through my pictures today, I’d forgotten what bad weather I’d gotten during my last two days in Romania. Cloudy skies just aren’t good for photographs. They make everything look about 5 times worse. Nevertheless, it does lend character to the towns, it being Romania and all. If you replace these pseudo-modernist buildings with their medieval counterparts, it’s the perfect setting for Van Helsing.

Back in Brasov.


And this is what it’s supposed to look like, when the sky’s clearer.



Walking around Brasov’s old town.



Some more artistic graffiti to chew on.



And hey presto, we’re in the highly rated Sibiu again. The buildings with their peeping eyes.



One of their restaurants with their FIFA Brasil menus - which is extremely ironic, given what happened during the last week.



The parade as they go marching down.



Some more graffiti, this time right outside the hostel.



Aboard the train to Deva - there was practically no one else on board.



Corvinus Castle, named after the famous king Matthias Corvinus, whose name I really like. It looks and sounds so plushy.



And that concludes it, I think. Will follow up with some more if I’m still stuck on my dissertation. Oh, dear. No more memes for me - “Referinho couldn't help them” this morning cracked me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment