carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 12 July 2014

More pictures of Romania, part I

When I’m writing my blogs, I’m always faced with the difficult dilemma of picking photos. It’s always really hard when you’re faced with a slew of fantastic photos but you can only pick one or two. That’s been the case for almost every place I’ve been (which provided me with good weather).

So I decided to go through my photos from the places where I’ve finished my entries, and what better place to start with than Romania?

And I give you part I.

Bran Castle.



You’ll notice this picture’s the same as the banner picture I use for this blog. Actually, I don’t think it’s the same - but I took about 5 or 6 photos of it from the same spot, so it counts anyway. Looks spectacular, doesn’t it?

Bran castle and its main courtyard.




Within its grounds



We’re in Sinaia now - and this is its train station. I really liked this little village, nestled within the Carpathians. This village was a lot closer to what I had imagined Romania to be like.




The photogenic Peles Castle, and prepare to be inundated by photos.




Even the statues of animals look vampy.



The castle - and I’ve got about 30 other pictures of it that are both breathtaking and look almost exactly the same.




Atop of Rasnov Fortress



The “silva” in Transilvania/Transylvania.




More to come soon, since I’m kind of stuck on my dissertation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment