carpediem

carpediem

Monday 29 September 2014

Budapest, part II

This post is going to be mainly photos. I'm meeting Chiawei later, the weather's awful and just the way I like it, and I'm not hungry in the slightest.

I visited St. Stephen's Basilica, which was close to the metro station Deak Ferenc ter. Walked around it a bit and took a couple photos and didn't do anything else since it was just too effing hot.



Went around some more and saw this rather nice church. I have no idea what it's called. The colourful tiled roof reminded me of the cathedrals I saw in Sibiu, which makes sense since Transylvanians are mainly ethnic Magyars, after all.



Then I went and took a bus uphill to the famous Fisherman's Bastion. I got off at the wrong stop and found myself in the ruins of what must have been a rather beautiful church. I took a few photos and hopped onto the bus again.




This time, I did get off at the correct stop, and the first thing I said was "Wow." I believe this is the Matyas Templom. It was simply teeming with tourists, mostly Asian.




And behind it, the spectacular Fisherman's Bastion.



A close up of the statue.



And prepare to be bombarded by pictures.








A simply breathtaking view of the Parliament building from the Bastion. A pity that the air that day was pretty bad, hence the dirty-blue skies.



Going off to my next destination, but one last view of the lovely square.






No comments:

Post a Comment