carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Budapest, part III

Quote of the day: "Thou shalt not sneak through when someone else has tapped their Oyster, you thieving bastard."

There are certain things that I want but I dare not talk about them too often for fear of jinxing them. But yes. I want this, and that, and this.

So, back to where I left off. Going down Castle Hill. I hopped off the bus at the foot of the hill to look at Buda Castle from ground level. There was a rather magnificent coat of arms emblazoned on the castle walls.



The outer castle grounds, and dusk is beginning to settle in.



The equally impressive tunnel entrance to Castle Hill.



I mentioned this to Beniamin, that the historical buildings in Budapest were the most well preserved and maintained out of all the cities/castles/places I'd been to.

The chain bridge, right outside Buda Castle.



And on the Chain Bridge.



A backward glance at Buda Castle from the bridge, proud and regal upon the hill.



And an eastwards glance towards Liberty Hill.



This was next day, but back again to my favourite Parliament building!



No comments:

Post a Comment