carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Vienna, part III - the old city centre (i)

I was going to do this all in one entry but then I realised I had 29 pictures, so I had to halve it.

This was the bus going from the Kirche.



Your average Viennese metro.



The bad weather persisted. Everything looked so bland and grey and gloomy. I genuinely want to know what it looks like on a sunny day.



I appreciated this a lot. What would I do if I could travel in time? Obviously, I'd go into the future and see what the lottery numbers are for next month, or I'd do what Marty McFly did and buy a sports almanac and make a fortune from betting. People always say that money can't buy happiness, but without money you'd be miserable for sure.



All these fancy Romanesque buildings.






One of those famous Mozart chocolate shops which were EVERYWHERE, I swear.



Pinocchio.



Sigmund Freud. Lysistrata gone mad. 'Everywhere I go I find that a poet has been there before me.'



This really intrigued me, this vending machine which sold iphone cases emblazoned with the Union Jack and 'Keep calm and carry on.' I thought this was Vienna!



Some buskers. Violin, my lost precious. I think they were students from the local university.



The streets, again.




St. Stephen's Cathedral, hence 'Stephansplatz.'


TBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment