carpediem

carpediem

Monday 20 October 2014

Czech Republic, part II - Kutna Hora-Sedlec (ii)

I'm getting this all out before I consign it to oblivion, as I have done for so many other things.

Also, today shall be the day that I give up Greenwich mean time. I'm going to awaken.

The hazy orange glow behind the skyline of black high rises and the sickle moon in the fading blue of the sky. This is usually my favourite part of the day. The illusion that I'm the only person awake, ergo the only person alive. Somehow, when everything comes to life, I die a little inside. Maybe I'm a vampire.

One last photo of the marvellous Ossuary.



The village of Kutna Hora.



And a huge church, called Chrám svaté Barbory. Would probably have been a landmark unto itself if not for its famous sister.





The incredibly bleak train station of Kutna Hora-Sedlec. No nothing, as you can see. Apparently you can't get to and fro from here without a reservation beforehand, which I had, thankfully. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had to bring my passport with me since their train conductors had to look at them. I managed to wing it coming from Prague, but got really tired of the pigeon English and wild hand gesticulations, so went to the Sedlec tourist office to print out an electronic pdf file of my passport which worked like the proverbial charm.



Imagine being stranded in this darn place. It's right in the middle of nowhere.



Happily, I was able to return to Praha without incident, and here's the a prelude to the barrage of photos I'm going to blitz you with.









No comments:

Post a Comment