carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Budapest, part V - Vajdahunyad Castle and Heroes' Square

I'm here, and I'm dreaming your dreams and thinking your thoughts, or the thoughts I think you're thinking.

Vajdahunyad Castle and the Anonymus Szobor, were in the cards today. Accessible by the M1 (yellow) metro line. I got off at Szechenyi Baths (Szechenyi Furdo) and walked towards the Millennial Monument on Heroes’ Square. Incredibly hot as always. I'd really like to visit Budapest again when it's not so hot. I didn't manage to find the Anonymus Szobor, but the others were large enough to locate without TOO much difficulty.

The park that encloses Szechenyi Baths; very picturesque and English somehow.




Approaching the Heroes' Square.



The Square.



Bore southwards back in the direction of the metro station. My first glimpse of Vajdahunyad Castle  I believe.



And the entrance. Very medieval, everything you'd expect from a castle entrance.



Barrage of photos starts here.








Back to Nyugati - Oktogon. The famous Andrassy boulevard.



A menu from my favourite cocktail bar.



Walking across the Margaret bridge, and a glimpse of the Margaret island.



It's adieu Budapest for now. I have a truckful of other photos that I'll probably upload when I do another photo special, like I did with Romania. Right now I'm still really whipped for some reason even though it's already been 4 days since I returned to the UK. Maybe I'm getting old. I really need to finish this and soon. 1 city down and 15 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment