carpediem

carpediem

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Italy, part XIV - Rome (iv): Rome Termini station, more Chiesa di Sant' Ignazio di Loyola, outer Pantheon, a bit of the Trevi Fountain and the Baths of Diocletian by night

Pantheon, outer facade


The Irish sun is shining, birds are chirping happily, there is a coffee machine in the house that works like the proverbial charm, the tables and my coffee mugs are all IKEA, and I am left to my own devices in this house, with no one and nothing but my thoughts to keep me company. No one can claim to know what perfection looks like, but to me at least, this is as close as it gets.

Back to Rome. Here are some pictures of the Pantheon's outer facade, since you've seen so much of the inner workings.





And some more of Chiesa di Sant' Ignazio di Loyola and la bella Roma..






I turned a corner and accidentally walked right into the Trevi Fountain.



Walking back to the hostel and seeing this beauty rear up at me out of the Roman night.












My hostel was situated in the neighbourhood of the Baths of Diocletian and Roma Termini, Rome's main railway station.

The Baths, and I only got one picture in because I really couldn't see anything by night:


Then I sloped off to the shopping hub in Termini to get some late-night food because I was peckish, and the shops I passed were boring, so I figured I could get a wider range of choices in the Termini.

Where to this time?

I'm getting myself one of those fur-tipped jackets this winter


The hostel by day.


No comments:

Post a Comment