carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 12 June 2016

Zhangjiajie, Part III



I meant to finish this today, and for a moment there I really thought I could, but then nostalgia caught up with me and I spent the better half of the evening watching Kpop and Jpop music videos from 2005-2009. That was really the golden era of KJ, in my opinion at least. When I was watching the Tokyo live performance given by TVXQ - their swan song, their own "last live" - it was very emotional, seeing all five of them up there. As always, I enjoy the fact that three of the 5 TVXQs are Aquariui, and that my favourite Yongwoon JJ and I literally share the same birthday. Isn't that nice!

But yes, that. They don't make them like they used to. I wondered whilst I was watching those music videos, what makes the things from our youth so beautiful, so time capsuled; and again, it's the fact that those days will never come again, and that everything seemed simpler when we were younger. Back then it felt like the days stretched on endlessly (sometimes in a bad way, sometimes good), and that we would never grow old or run out of time. The ventriloquist'd, I once said; things seemed much simpler then. Finding these fragments from the past, reclaiming, even if only for short while, what once was.

This is mainly going to be a picture entry, but I will annotate this by saying that this is the part where we went to see the Avatar valley - the Qian kun pillars, as they were called. Loads of people, as always.





Below, a seemingly endess oasis.



There was a little metal bridge, rather similar to the Marienbrucke in Neuschwanstein, where we could view the Pillar.



A giant metal bird commemorating the Avatar scene.




And a weathered plaque calling the pillar by its rightful name: 乾坤住.



A resting area that had vendors and food stalls and benches. We got our hot potatoes here, and can I just say YUM.



More food stalls, though now we come to a different part of the park.




A blissfully tourist - free area.



And an adorable little monkey. The park was full of these little critters.



Moar pictures - yes, I don't think I'll be able to finish this series tonight, it's already past midnight and I have to work tomorrow.



To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment