carpediem

carpediem

Thursday 22 June 2017

Busan, part IV - Jagalchi and the Nampo-Jagalchi Boardwalk

Street food in Jagalchi Fish Market

I wandered down Jagalchi fish market, enjoying the dry, refreshing sea breeze, and basically just letting my mind wander. I approached a line of street vendors who were all selling something which looked like spicy seafood noodles with pig blood. I walked by, backtracked, and decided to try it out, and discovered that this was a variation of the famous pork rice soup.



This was probably one of my favourite parts of the trip. The lady who owned the spicy seafood noodles was very nice, and kept filling up my bowl and keeping an eye to see that I was well fed. A lot of other Koreans came to sit down next to me, and we all ate our spicy noodles together in comfortable, quiet camaraderie, and I thought - yes, this is what I came for.





I managed to finish all of my noodles, except for the pig blood, and rose, and went on my merry way, retracing my steps back to the beginning of the fish market. I stopped to buy some seaweed for the fam, and then walked on. The road broadened into a boardwalk, providing me with a lovely - though rather hot - view of the Tsushima Strait, and a panorama of the entire coastline, which was green mountains and ships and anchors and turquoise sea. I walked on.

To be continued.








No comments:

Post a Comment