carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Macedonia, part III – Skopje (iii): Archaeological Museum of Macedonia



This is my first entry of the New Year. All the bad stuff I've left behind in 2018, and taking only the good things forward.

I visited a rather depressing and creepy museum that was the Archaeological Museum of Macedonia. It took me about an hour to see everything in detail since it wasn't very big. I walked through it mostly wondering why everything looked so scary, and was glad to get out by the time I had finished seeing everything.












Went off to the restaurant and deliberated there for a long time, lost in thought, and also getting through loads of food. I headed back to the hostel at about 8ish - I was the only person staying in the hostel that evening, which was perfect as I wanted a quiet night to myself like I've been doing ever since I got to Macedonia - and made myself an espresso and sat there and peddled my thoughts, and hoped that Ohrid would be slightly more livelier. (Spoiler: it wasn't.) But at least I was done with this depressing city, and it's always nice to have a little bit of hope. Probably.













No comments:

Post a Comment