carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 10 December 2017

Romania, part III - Sighisoara (i)



My heart aches for Sighisoara. I never imagined it would be so beautiful.

The train ride there was a bit hot and stuffy, and it's winter. Can't imagine what it would be like in summer. The train ride took up the entire afternoon, and by the time we got there it was already late afternoon and the sun had long set, and it was significantly colder than Cluj-Napoca. Sighisoara train station was about twenty minutes' walk from the old city centre, where we were staying, and I followed the GPS on my phone to walk there. I can say now for sure that having GPS and a good phone really does make all the difference. I don't think I ever used GPS on my first few trips and I honestly have no idea how I managed. Oh, actually, yeah now I remember - I would print the the accommodation directions provided on hostelworld, or look them up beforehand and write them up myself. How quaint. And worlds away.







We found our accommodation, and checked in, and got a free fridge magnet which is now on my fridge at home, as well as a welcome plum brandy. Which was incredibly strong, but very nice. Then we went up to our room, and we both went into raptures of delight.







Afterwards we asked the owner for restaurant recommendations, and he suggested a trattoria-style restaurant called the Concordia, which was about 5 minutes' walk from our residence. Me and Lital agreed that this was the best restaurant in all of Romania. I miss my tripe soup. And chicken breast with butter mushroom sauce.





The best caprese salad I have had in my entire life, hands down









More to come..







View from our room



Wood smoke






Por favor

No comments:

Post a Comment