carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 27 August 2016

Aachen, part II - Aachen Cathedral



Walking some more round Aix/Aachen. I don't have a lot to add other than the fact that I wish the weather had been better, because the photos all make the town look very gloomy and washed out and wet.

I went to the Aix Cathedral where Charlemagne is buried. For such a small cathedral, it's incredibly expensive - and they charge you some sort of 'camera fee' once you're in there. You're not allowed to take pictures unless you've coughed up that camera fee. They've also roped off Charlemagne's grave and you have to pay yet another extra fee to look upon his tomb and take pictures. I don 't think I paid to see his grave, but I did go into the cathedral.










Inside the cathedral





This actually looks really depressing and decidedly western Europe, lol.



Lunch - Aix wurst. Not bad, but nothing to write home about either.


No comments:

Post a Comment