carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 28 August 2016

Dreiländereck and Brugge, part I



Dreiländereck was done during my Aachen trip, as it was on the same bus route, but I couldn't fit it properly into the Aachen entries. Dreiländereck is nothing fancy - it's stuck in the middle of nowhere, for one thing, and it's basically the point where Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium converges. I spent a LOT of time walking around, and got a bit lost several times. Still though, obligatory photos.





Belgium's a bit more interesting to write about. I did Bruges and Ghent in one day as there was a rail pass valid for 24 hours that allowed me to travel unlimited throughout the Flemish region of Belgium. It probably would have been nice to split these trips up a bit, but the transport in this part of the world is just so SO expensive. I wanted to visit Antwerp too but that really would have been pushing it too far. As it is, doing Bruges and Ghent in one day was already hefty enough.

The weather for Bruges was simply awful - it rained and rained, but I think the photos turned out all right. Bruges reminded me a lot of Stratford-upon-Avon, and Cambridge, even. It was very nice, very peaceful and quiet - and a tiny bit boring. The half afternoon I spent there walking around was more than adequate. Still though, loads of pictures so I've split up these two entries.

All roads lead to Liege

The train
















No comments:

Post a Comment