carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 27 August 2016

Aachen, part III - Lindt Chocoladefabriken Werksverkauf Aachen



This was probably one of my favourite parts of the trips, the Lindt factory. It was like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. I was googling Places to visit in Aachen and this came up, and I thought I'd give it a try. Turns out the place is notoriously hard to find. First you have to catch a bus there, then you have to walk for half an hour from the bus stop, and the entire factory is very large and located in the middle of nowhere. Even the bus stop for the factory was hard to figure out; I went to the front to ask the driver, and he didn't speak any English, but some younger German students obliged, and in the end practically the whole bus chimed in on helping me, which was really heart warming.

I wandered around for ages and ages, seeing the blue and white Lindt logo splashed out everywhere, but the entrance continued to elude me.



Doesn't this look desolate? These always creep me out. I much prefer soaring, packed high rises and more people


 The entrance was incredibly hard to find, and by the time I did find it, I was pretty much tuckered out.



When I walked in, though, I just gasped and, to paraphase Kurt Vonnegut, EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING HURT.

Because mountains of chocolate upon chocolate, chocolate galore, chocolate as you've never seen it..



Even Audrey Hepburn has been appropriated!















Spoils from the battlefield

I've been reading some of the reviews on their Facebook page and it seems that they prohibit customers/visitors from taking photos now. I suppose I got lucky, then, going back in 2014. You don't wait for things to happen; you make them happen and you do them when you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment