carpediem

carpediem

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Frankfurt, part III - the hostel



I enjoyed the value of the hostel so much - plus I took pics - so here goes. 15 euros per night, including dinner and breakfast, both all-you-can eat. Not exactly gourmet cuisine of course, but saves a ton of money, and fills you up.

The hostel as it usually looks.

Although I don't smoke, it is a nice touch, these balconies.




And BREKKERS.




And, well, that's basically it. Dinner wasn't worth snapping since it was basically just lumpy spaghetti, but still filled me up.

The rest of this entry shall be more photos taken from the first afternoon where I wandered around the city.

A few observations:


  • Very multicultural. Possibly the most multicultural place I've seen in Germany, including Berlin.
  • And as far as Berlin goes, Frankfurt looks and feels a lot more like the capital city. 
  • Loads of Asians - south Asians, eastern Asians, southeastern Asians.
  • The only Chinese supermarket I've seen so far! Actually, not one but about three of them. 
  • The Thai place, YUM. I had already gotten to the point where I was already rather sick and tired of the local cuisine, aka wurst, and I just wanted to binge on noodles and rice.







The hostel.



No comments:

Post a Comment