carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 25 January 2015

Salzburg, part IV - Hohensalzburg i



Took the funicular (Salzburger Festungsbahn) up to Hohensalzburg. I am not sure if I've ever mentioned this before, but going up - and down, for that matter - these contraceptions gives me severe vertigo and makes me feel quite sick. However, it was either that or try climb your way up. Actually, I don't think there is a path which you can climb - as far as I could tell the funicular's the only way you can get into the castle.

The tickets for entry to the Hohensalzburg included a round trip for the funicular. I can't remember the specific price but it certainly did not come cheap.




This is a view of the Old Town, going up. Brr it gives me the shivers. Can you see the tracks of the funicular, and where it starts?



The weather was splendid, and the castle itself was very photogenic. These Bavarian Alps are wonderful, and the air was crisp and fresh. There wasn't really that much to see of the castle, since apparently it's still in use by the Austrian government and us visitors don't get to see much.

The rest shall be photos. This is actually coming along a lot faster than I'd anticipated. At this rate I probably will get it all done by tonight.

Another cafe with a great view








No comments:

Post a Comment