carpediem

carpediem

Monday 26 January 2015

Fussen, part II - Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau ii



I followed the mountain path and it brought me to the Neuschwanstein. Even though I didn't buy a ticket, visitors were allowed to go into the courtyard free of charge.





After that I followed the mountain trail downwards, attempted a shortcut, which led me through some very deserted woods. The rain got worse, and the descent took me the better half of thirty minutes, although I walked really fast. Getting caught in a deluge when you're in a forest mountain isn't the sort of holiday I'd planned. I can't really imagine climbing up here, not unless you have loads of time, and the weather's really good.

The picture's unfocused because I think my camera's gotten a bit broken from all that travelling and jiggling and getting wet. Can't focus properly when I zoom in anymore, unfortunately.



The bus back to Fussen took another tedious hour of waiting, and I hate this.

When I got back to Fussen, I went to this rather neat restaurant which sold really cheap food. This only cost me 4 euros and it was massive, I could barely finish it.



The frozen veg was excellent.



This was the restaurant, which was more of a shop which just happened to sell hot food.




By the time I'd finished it was around 5pm, and guess what? The skies cleared and the sun came out. Thanks a lot. I considered going back, actually, but decided that it was too much trouble. So instead I went back to the hostel and chilled with my roomies, who had also gone back, and we all commiserated about the awful weather.



There's actually a rather good view of the Neuschwanstein from our room window.



Can you see it? No? Well, then..

Another unfocused zoomed-in picture.


Got a bottle of vanilla milk from downstairs, and talked a bit more before turning in fairly early. I had a 6 o'clock train to catch early next morning, and from there, six hours to Frankfurt. In retrospect I really shouldn't have gone to Frankfurt, it was just so out of the way since I spent most of my time in Bavaria - but when I booked the plane tickets Frankfurt was one of the cheapest German airports to leave from (Munich was the most expensive, costing a whopping 150 euros) and at the time I had no idea how my route was going to go. As always, I booked my planes a month beforehand, and I actually didn't finish planning the itinerary till about two days before leaving for Budapest. Budapest! Gosh, it seems like centuries ago, now.








No comments:

Post a Comment