carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 27 August 2017

Brno, part II - Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul, Freedom Square/Namesti Svobody and Lokál U Caipla

Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul, which looked a LOT like St. Vitus Cathedral in Praha


I walked around the Old Town, which was right down from the street. Brno and CZ per se were very different from Poland and Krakow and Warszawa. The buildings were less beautiful and less colourful, but the food was much better. For Lokál U Caipla I would come back here again, no more and no less.



Potato pancakes

It was all you can eat, does it get any more awesome!?






I tried to visit the Ossuary underneath the Church of St. James/ Kostnice u sv. Jakuba - despite reviews online saying that it was far less impressive than its magnificent counterpart in Kutna Hora - but it wasn't open on Mondays. I wasn't TOO disappointed, as I wasn't sure I had enough money on me to visit anyway, but still. I satisfied myself with taking a photo of the entrance sign, then went on my merry way.

Kostnice u sv. Jakuba

Freedom Square


Inside the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul

Inside the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul










Freedom Square/ Namesti Svobody


No comments:

Post a Comment