carpediem

carpediem

Thursday 24 August 2017

Warszawa, part XIV - Warsaw Uprising Museum (Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego), and wrapup



My last item proper on the itinerary was Warsaw Uprising Museum - Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego. It was located about 40 minutes walk from the hostel, and I had to go through some rather seedy-looking districts before arriving there. I went there on Will's recommendation - he said it was really good - and I enjoyed it, although like POLIN and most WWII museums, it was extremely depressing.

As for my wrapup - this is what I wrote in my journal, on the road:

Back in my favourite country Poland. I can't believe the date. I feel that the latter half of this trip has simply rushed by. It absolutely dragged when I was in Tallinn and bits of SPB. A lot when I left Stockholm. That got a whole lot better after I left Tallinn. I hated that city, it just had the wrong vibes. I did meet the right people though - sort of - and maybe that's what really matters. I've not been able to get my mind off Hot Finn. Funny how I didn't realise I was into him until after I'd left him. Much to my amazement, Sanne (the lovely girl working in the Tallinn hostel) actually got his full name for me afterwards.
(A/N: why am I going on so much about all these - non-Polish things?)
I found him on Facebook and good gracious his profile picture is horrendous. I actually did not know that it was possible for such a handsome person to take such a bad picture. If I wanted a nice photo of him to mope over, I suppose that was the wrong place to look.
Poland is amazing as always. This trip actually went a lot more smoothly than most of my other previous trips. No weird or unpleasant surprises, hot guys galore, check. Nice friends slash potential future forever friends, check. Actually I have met a much higher percentage of the latter than I ever have. I wonder if this really has anything to do with the weight I lost!?

Not much there. For my part I liked Warsaw a lot more than Krakow. I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe because of Lital. Also, good vibes - the right vibes. Of course I'll be back.





Wola district, where the Muzeum was located

On my way there


















No comments:

Post a Comment