carpediem

carpediem

Friday 11 August 2017

Riga, part VII - Dinner, last, then wrapup



I'll end the Riga part of my journey with an excerpt from my travel diary.

On the bus to Vilnius now after having spent two nights in Riga. I loved Riga - apart from the cheap restaurant that tasted, literally, like shit - and Riga will be a city I return to. I just know it. When I decide things they always happen - or, I follow through with them. I loved Riga the city, but the hostel I stayed in was awful. Smelliest room I've ever stayed in, and most of the people there were downright strange. Ouch at the Lithuanian highways, it is a bit hard to write here. Was accosted by a Latvian guy on the train yesterday who told me I was so beautiful. Thanks but no thanks, even though he was handsome. No one I met in this hostel that was particularly remarkable. Loads of Asians who were quite nice, but my brain is literally bleeding from having to speak all of that shitty English, having to fucking listen to all that awful English. Haven't met any inspiring people, then. So far Mika the bottle-blond Finn takes the cake, him and his shirts. So much for him, all lost to me now. Lethargic and less happy than I was on my trip from Tallinn to Riga. Breathing all that greasy air from the shitty hostel really made me sick.






Pelmeni





On the road, as always, as I like it


No comments:

Post a Comment