carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 27 August 2017

Kraków, part VIII - Kazimierz, Wisła River & wrapup

Kazimierz


I spent a lot of time in the Kazimierz Jewish quarter with the Parisians and Javiera, and we wandered there, whilst the sun sank lower into the west and the shadows lengthened. I gave a Romani woman the rest of my zloties. It hurt me to see her sitting there by herself with her grey hair and shawls, holding out her worn out, slightly dirty dolls which she was trying to sell to passerbys, to no avail. They all hurried by and ignored her.  She blew me a kiss and I smiled, but I felt very sad, and I feel sad now, writing about this and remembering her. Is she still there, I wonder? I wished I'd had more to give to her. It broke my heart.

At length we found a pub on a ship and went there and had some beer - it was starting to get incredibly cold - and then we sat down on the grass and talked and lay down and it was overall idyllic, and I enjoyed myself, but would have liked it better if it hadn't gotten so decidedly cold after the sun went down. We ended up going to yet another pub, and then I had to return early, and you know what happened afterwards - Victor walked me back and I met Kasia and the other guys in the hostel and drank till the wee hours of morning and that was all she wrote.

One of the nights I was there, I chatted a bit with Kinga and walked her to the train station and waited with her till her train came, whilst finding the bus terminal where I was due to leave. It may have been that night - I can't remember, because everything was such a blur. Too much booze. At any rate, I got up early on Monday morning. It's always Monday morning. Here's my itinerary.


05:00 leave Kraków Malopolski Dworzec Autobusowy via polskibus (6 EUR, already booked and paid for)
09:40 arrive at Brno Ustrední Autobusové Nádrazí
Check in at HOSTEL MITTE, at Panska 11, Brno, Czech Republic.
#14 EUR/ 380 CZK payable upon arrival. -- 21 min walk
Things to see and do: old town, Cathedral of St Peter and St Paul etc.


Kraków wrapup was that I met loads of hot guys, who were so ridiculously good looking that they kind of ruined the otherwise picturesque Rynek for me. I met people whom I really liked, who really liked me in turn. I drank so much that spent most of my waking hours outside in a stupour. I was a bit of a cunt. I witnessed loads of drinks being knocked over. I ruminated over the fact that my trip was coming to an end, and that made me a little sad. I spent a lot of time sprawled on the hostel sofa in the living room, which was very relaxing. It rained a lot. My thoughts were fragmented, and after about half a day I really just stopped caring.

I don't know if I will return but I might, but that's a very big might.

On to Brno, and I do not know what this version of the Czech Republic will be like. I hope I'll like it. I also hope it's not as hot as Prague was.



Sitting on the riverbank of the Wisła River with Javiera and the Parisians

The lower decks of the ship pub we were at












No comments:

Post a Comment