carpediem

carpediem

Monday 21 August 2017

Warszawa, part VII - Fryderyk Chopin Museum (i)



I like living in the Stare Miasto, because I'm in media res - in the middle of things. I can walk around, go back and get a second wind, then go out again and do some more walking.

One evening, I went back, washed and decided that was that, and that unless something momentous happened, I probably wouldn't be going out again. I went upstairs to the bar in my comfy shorts and Tshirt, and ordered a sparkling water. The bartender guy was a Brazilian a few years older than me, who gleefully introduced himself as a Latino through and through - "I love life, and I love travelling, and I love women," he giddily announced to me, whilst slowly poking through the fridge to get my sparkling water. He said this was his first day on the job, and that he'd been travelling Europe with his ex girlfriend, who was also Polish, but that they'd broken up since. He didn't seem too upset about it. I've seen a lot of these pseudo travel couples on the road, and didn't ask more. He tried to ask me for my Facebook or WhatsApp, and I said, hold up a bit stallion. He said that I was very beautiful, and that he really liked east Asians. I laughed a bit - this boy was cute, but today was not the day, nor was I in the mood, or dressed for the occasion, even.

Alors, this was my second wind, and I went to the Fryderyk Chopin Museum, which was about half an hour walk from the hostel. It was cool and a little damp just the way I like it, and I walked straight down the Krakowskie Przedmieście.




























Facade



No comments:

Post a Comment