carpediem

carpediem

Monday 21 August 2017

Warszawa, part VI - Chopin's Warsaw, Krakowskie Przedmieście and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Grob Nieznanego Zolnierza)

Upon Krakowskie Przedmieście


I spent a lot of time walking up and down Krakowskie Przedmieście, and found myself at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Grob Nieznanego Zolnierza). Krakowskie Przedmieście was right down the road from my hostel, and I had to walk through it, across it, or along it whenever I wanted to get somewhere.

Something I rather like about Europe, I should add, is all the walking I get done. I enjoy walking a lot, and don't get enough of it done over here in E. Asia, due to the rampant air pollution, overcrowding, people everywhere I go, and ugly buildings.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, with the Eternal Flame that is oft seen in this part of the world, to commemorate all the people that lost their lives and had their world ripped from them.





Statue of Nicolaus Copernicus









Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and Eternal Flame


Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier






No comments:

Post a Comment