carpediem

carpediem

Friday 25 August 2017

Kraków, part I - Rynek Główny and Katedra Wawelska

Wawel Cathedral, or Katedra Wawelska


I liked Kraków less than Warszawa, and what a way to begin an entry, but I'm looking at it now and thinking that there were places I didn't visit this time round, so maybe I will return. And then again maybe not, because my time here was weird. My mood was strange and so were some of the people I met, but then again I met some incredible people too, so that evens out the score somewhat.

Itinerary for Warszawa to Kraków:

12:00 leave Warszawa Dworzec Autobusowy Metro Wilanowska via polskibus (3 EUR, already booked and paid for)* The Warsaw bus stop for polskibus is best reached by metro. Walk 15 mins to to Ratusz Arsenał, then take the metro to Wilanowska station (M1 line, direction Kabaty – 15 min journey)

Buy a time ticket, 3.40 PLN. When travelling by metro, you should validate the ticket at the entrance gate before entering the platform, or in the validating machine available next to the lift.

16:20 arrive Kraków Malopolski Dworzec Autobusowy

Check in at Grand Central Hostel. Right next to Dworzec so no worries.

ul. Basztowa 23/5Old Town31-156 KrakówPoland

#105 PLN payable upon arrival.


Today I am exhausted, but I can't afford that.

It rained a lot whilst I was in Kraków. I got caught in the rain once, and was soaked to the skin, but one of the French guys - the hot one - lent me his blue pullover to wear whilst my stuff dried. It's always blue pullovers and tall, thin guys.

I should also mention that I took these photos whilst nursing a mild hangover, and spent most of that morning staggering around the Rynek in a stupour.

More to come..

Vistula river





















No comments:

Post a Comment