carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 20 August 2017

Warszawa, part I - Prelude and Dream Hostel



Let's look at my itinerary for the day:

Vilnius to Warsaw. 06:30-13:55, 12.60 EUR via lux express, 12.60 EUR, already paid.
Check in to hostel – Dream Hostel Warsaw, address Warsaw, Krakowskie Przedmieście Str. 55.
By Bus line:
Take a bus No 175 (128) and in 40 min. time you will arrive to the Hostel. When you pass the roundabout with the fake palmtree that means you are close to us, bus will turn left to the Nowy Swiat street. Get off the bus at the final station Pl. Pilsudskiego, the hostel is about 250 m. from bus station. You should turn right to Trebacka street, go straight, then turn left towards Old Town, number 55 is building on the left side of the street. And you are at DREAM Hostel!
OR,
Buy a time ticket, 3.40 PLN. When travelling by metro, you should validate the ticket at the entrance gate before entering the platform, or in the validating machine available next to the lift.
-        take the metro from Warszawa Centrum, to Ratusz Arsenał (M1 line, direction Młociny – 3 min journey), then walk 15 mins
#150 PLN payable upon arrival.

Ah, Warszawa of my heart! Too long have I waited before finally beholding you in person.

We were on my favourite lux express, but still, whoa - that was an 8 hour journey and by the end of it all I was relieved to be off. This was a very nice hostel, located right in the heart of the Stare Miasto - the Old Town - but I had a bit of trouble getting there. For once, my amazing navigational skills failed me, and I ended up doing a lot of wandering around in the wrong direction, climbing several hills and then going into a highway tunnel. After about an hour of increasingly disgruntled walking around, I finally found the hostel. Good thing it was so nice, because after that rather disastrous walking around and getting lost, I would not have had the patience for a crappy hostel.

Anyway, this was probably one of the poshest hostels I've ever been in. Certainly the nicest hostel of this trip by far. It was brand new and the bunks were wood, and all of them had a night light and multiple power sockets and curtains, and I spent some time just walking around my room saying "noice."

Well, this, and I'll talk a bit more about down and out in Warszawa in my next entry.

And the first thing I noticed was the soft ice creams. HELLO OLD FRIEND.




YES THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

My lovely Dream Hostel

One of these in every hostel













No comments:

Post a Comment