carpediem

carpediem

Monday 2 July 2018

Athens, part II



Just finished watching Belgium v Japan, two countries which I have no dog in but whew that was still an emotional rollercoaster. Japan was off to a strong first half, leading 2-0, but Belgium caught them up and levelled the score within 7 minutes in the second half, then bam, third goal in the extra. Good stuff.

Athens. This is going to be the last entry because... well, I wasn't there for very long, and it was really just too damn hot to do anything. That's probably just me, but as I've always said, if I wanted intolerable heat I would have just stayed in Asia. I really didn't like Athens that much - the streets were grimy and didn't seem very safe, the city layout was confusing, and I nearly got lost trying to find my hostel when I arrived in the evening. Had to pop into a sandwich bar to ask for directions, and found that it was less than a minute's walk away, but it was getting dark and Athens at night is rather ghetto-y and intimidating. I was pretty relieved to be leaving for Bulgaria, although Bulgaria. Hm. I'll save that for later.

Interesting souvenirs

Baklava here in Greece as well!?





The hostel lobby where I spent most of my afternoon



On the plane to Sofia


Metro station in Athens












No comments:

Post a Comment