carpediem

carpediem

Monday 30 July 2018

Toulouse, part III - I came, I saw, I took photos

Saint-Sernin

I am a tourist - I'm not going to package this term in pretentious millennial codespeak and call myself a 'traveller', 'wanderer' or 'nomad.' Especially here, in Toulouse - I was definitely a tourist, ostensibly so.

Lots of walking around, and taking photos. Being in France reminded me of why I like the Continent so much. France, at least southern France, is an immensely picturesque place, and it's very walkable and the weather is mild and enjoyable - in short, it's a nice place to holiday in. And it's been too long. Too long since I was in France.

Most of these photos were taken on my way back from Evangelina to the hotel, which was next to the Gare. I'd really had too much to eat, and Google maps said that it was about 30 mins walk back to the hotel, which I sorely needed. I really do enjoy walking very much, especially when I'm on holiday, and the weather in Toulouse was nice - not too hot, not like last time, nor was it too cold - Sarajevo comes to mind; that was probably the only city where I caved in and had to take the tram halfway during my walk because of all the snow flying onto my face, and just the chill that completely invades every cell of your body. But the snow, most of all. Snow is something that one enjoys for the first five minutes, but after that it's hellish.









Low brow humour. Sue me.















No comments:

Post a Comment