carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Bulgaria, part III - Sofia (iii): Bulgarian food at Hadjidraganov Restaurant and more Alexander Nevsky Cathedral


Bulgarian stew at Hadjidraganov Restaurant

After two full days in Sofia, I was glad to move on. Whilst I did like the city, and the food was good, it really was just too damn hot, plus I was beyond sick of the hostel.

One last dinner, at Hadjidraganov Restaurant, an extremely highly rated place that was a mere two-minute walk from the hostel. Thank you, Google Maps and reviews. The food was... okay, I guess. The chicken didn't seem very fresh, and the service was pretty bad. The coffee however was pretty good, and the prices were all right, although a bit on the higher end for Sofia. Whilst I was dining there, a tour group from Taiwan came in. Seriously, here, in all places, and out of all the restaurants they could have gone to!? It always baffles me beyond belief when I meet a tour group in this part of the world, because I have no idea what a bunch of middle aged Taiwanese people are doing here, in easternmost Europe. Me, I'm a lost cause and I grew up in Europe anyway, but them?




Bulgarian salad, which was quite honestly much better in the other restaurant


Bulgarian stew, far too oily and nothing to write home about
Off to Plovdiv.





























No comments:

Post a Comment