carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 8 July 2018

Bulgaria, part VI - Plovdiv (iii) - More Old Town, and Bulgarian боб чорба (bob chorba)




After all that walking around, I decided that I needed something to eat, even though I was still a bit full from that rather excellent brunch I'd had, so I decided to swing by a soup restaurant recommended again by the hostel owner. I ordered a боб чорба - a bob chorba soup, which is a Bulgarian national dish consisting of kidney or white beans cooked as a soup/stew with herbs, spices, carrots and meat. It's a very Slavic, very eastern European dish. Unfortunately I am not a fan of beans cooked like this - to me it just tasted like basked beans cooked in soup, and I hate baked beans with a passion, so you can imagine how I felt about this.




Also, yesterday Croatia managed to scrape a victory over Russia with penalty shootouts, 4 to 3. The Russians put up a good fight, although so did the Croats, who barely managed to scrape through. Dasvidanya Russia, I hope we'll see you again in Qatar.

After the bob chorba, I decided to wash it down with some more gelato and coffee, this time at a different shop than the extremely excellent Affredo. Yeah... next time I'll stick to Affredo, thank you very much. I did like the inner deco, though.





More to come.




A strip club in Plovdiv, happy days

























No comments:

Post a Comment