carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 28 July 2018

Bratislava, part VI - Old Town and the Hrad (iv) and wrapup of continental #7



I feel like I was writing the wrapup for continental #6 not so long ago, which actually is true. It's one of those odd periods in your life when you feel that time goes by both fast and slow, which I do not think is a wholly bad thing.

After walking up and down the Hrad, I got some more coffee, then went back to the hostel to collect my stuff. The hot guy was back on duty, and I chatted with him for a bit before going. He laughed a little at my insistence on going so quickly ("Your flight's at 3.30pm and it's only 10am, you can stay for another hour yet") but once bitten twice shy; I'd had enough of cutting it too fine and missing flights, and was determined to leave as much time as I could.

The walk to the AS was straightforward and pleasant, and I was able to stop at SPAR to get some water and stroll my way there leisurely. I was a little disappointed that this trip was coming to an end; but only a bit. Too many things had gone wrong this time for me to be very sorry about finishing it. Continental #6, on the other hand, was absolutely heavenly, and I still regard it as one of my favourite trips.

The brand new, shiny Bratislava AS



So soon? Vienna Flughafen



I'd booked my bus ticket to Vienna Flughafen with Slovak Express for 1 euro (they had an online special), but it wasn't due to leave till 1, and considering my absolutely dreadful luck with delayed buses this time round, I decided not to risk it, and bought a new ticket for an earlier regiojet bus. Again, as luck would have it, all the buses that morning were delayed, including my new bus, and it ended up leaving 15 minutes late, but still earlier than the Slovak Express I had booked.

Other things beckon to me now, but I'm glad I finally visited Istanbul, and Bulgaria, and Greece, places which have been on my bucket list for simply ages now. Clear conscienced and pretty pleased with myself, but for goodness sake, I hope continental #8 will be less troublesome.































No comments:

Post a Comment