carpediem

carpediem

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Istanbul, part X - Sea of Marmara



I had an entire day before my 1800 bus back to Plovdiv, so I decided to join a boat cruise around the Marmara, which cost 12 lira and took roughly 90 minutes, and had been recommended by some of the other guests I'd met at the hostel. The actual boat trip took a little less than that.

I took the tram from the Sultanahmet to Eminonü, which is the docking point for most cruises. It was a fairly straightforward ride, although the tram ended up being a bit crowded as more and more people got on. This was something I really did not like about Istanbul, all the people.

I walked around the pier and found several cruises offering the same ride, all costing about 12-15 lira, and got on the first one because I'm lazy. It took almost half an hour of waiting till the ship actually took off, though, and I was a bit worried that I might miss my bus. Still, though, the ship took off at 1530, and heigh ho, off we go.























I simply had to take a picture of this because hark at all those jellyfish






Eminönü

No comments:

Post a Comment