carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 28 July 2018

Bratislava, part V - Old Town and the Hrad (iii)



Walking in Bratislava was a very enjoyable experience. This is the kind of holiday and the kind of travelling that I like. It's been 4 years, but I've finally managed to cover nearly all of Europe. Now all that I have left are Norway and Iceland. I suppose Andorra as well. I did a quick check on flights to Oslo just now and ...yeah, I can't afford that. I still can't believe I was able to find 20 euro flights in July from London to Copenhagen, but then again that was 4 years ago and a lot has changed since. I'm happy with the past 4 years, more or less.

Yesterday there was a thunderstorm which completely obscured my view of what is apparently the biggest blood moon of the century. I feel like I've seen that headline quite often - everything is the biggest eclipse or biggest moon in 250 years, but for something that supposedly only comes around every quarter of a millennium or so, it seems to happen with astonishing frequency. Anyway, it would have been nice to see, but I already saw a blood moon in Istanbul, and a very nice blood moon it was, too, so I'm not too fussed about not seeing it yesterday. When I woke up this morning and went to wash, it was so chilly I had to go and change into warmer clothes, and sure enough, when I checked my weather app - it's 13 degrees C here, can you believe it? Only in Ireland. Hashtag Europe heatwave. This is what I came for. Apparently it's 18 degrees in London now. Dublin is definitely the place to be.

































No comments:

Post a Comment