carpediem

carpediem

Thursday 5 July 2018

Bulgaria, part IV - Plovdiv (i): Bulgarian food as always, the hostel, and a sneak peek of the Roman Theatre


The famous Roman Theatre

I arrived at Yug/Jug bus station (which basically means 'South'), and the hostel was another half hour walk from there. it was hot and dusty but a fairly straightforward walk, although the outer city was slightly uninspiring to say the least - very Communist and had that slightly ill-maintained look that many cities in Eastern Europe have.



The hostel itself however was a completely different story. It was new and clean and obviously lovingly tended to, and the moment I stepped in, I loudly rued the fact that I could have spent the past two days here and made day trips to Sofia, rather than slumming it in that prison-like hole at Lavov Most. Still, what's done is done, I suppose. The hostel owner was very nice and it was clear that he wanted his guests to get the very best out of their time in Plovdiv. I went to most of the restaurants he recommended and was extremely satisfied, especially with the gelato place he suggested.

The gelataria

People queuing for ices

After about an hour of chilling in the hostel, I went out to walk around the city. It was extremely hot, which ruined the experience somewhat, but I managed to cover most of the important hotspots, I think.

More to come.

The hostel. If only, if only..!





And one of the restaurants I went to.




















No comments:

Post a Comment