carpediem

carpediem

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Istanbul, part IX - The Bazaar, Hafız Mustafa and lots of baklawa


Dinner


I needed to buy some Turkish baklawa, and I noticed some Malaysians in my room who had bought simply buckets of Hafız Mustafa, which was a chain store I had noticed out and around the inner city, so I reckoned that would be a safe bet. I really liked the Malaysians I met there, they ordered takeaway during their second night there and asked me to join them and bought me some as well. It was very nice of them I thought. Probably doesn't hurt that I'm not a tree troll. One of the guys gleefully told me "My friend was telling me this morning, 'Do you remember that girl (me) in our room? Well I saw her at breakfast and she's actually very pretty.'" Then he turned around and hooted with laughter at his friend, and said, "You're blushing!"

I walked around the Bazaar, which was a half-hour walk from the hostel, and then went off to Hafız Mustafa to do my shopping.





























The Bazaar















No comments:

Post a Comment