carpediem

carpediem

Friday 7 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part IX - Pokrovskaya church (i)




The church built without nails.
We got there completely fuss-free because of the taxi, but for the adventurous traveler, and also in case I should visit again sans a taxi, here is a short intro and a link describing how to get there:

Pokrovskaya church is located in Nevsky Forest (Nevsky Lesopark) of Vsevlovzhsk district  in Saint Petersburg region (Leningradskaya oblast)
Getting there:
by bus  476 or commercial bus k-476 from Metro station " Lomonosovskaya"
journey is roughly 20 min, if there are no traffic jams.
Do not forget to tell to the driver or conductor of the bus that you need "Pokrovskaya  Tserkov'  (Pokrovskaya church in Russian) , so, he will make a stop for you! (quoted from MagicRussia)

Oh, and just for fun this is the building where Ksenia lives and where her mum has her restuarant
I'd almost forgotten to mention how every second street, square, cathedral and/or photo in this part of the world is named after Alexander Nevsky, who was a ruler of Kievan Rus during the medieval period. There's a fairly famous cathedral in Tallinn that's named after him as well, but that will come later. Meanwhile, here I am resolutely ploughing through Sankt Petersburg, and thinking - I need this in my life again.

Hey, SPB, I say, when will our paths cross again?

I have a good answer for that - 2018, when I won't need a visa to go.

















No comments:

Post a Comment