carpediem

carpediem

Friday 14 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part XXVI - Mikhailovsky Palace(Миха́йловский за́мок) and Nevsky Prospekt



One good thing about travelling in packs is that you get to do a lot more sightseeing at night. I still go out a lot at night when I'm on my own, but not usually for sightseeing. I don't particularly think I need to explain where I do go, haha. OK, maybe I do - but they're basically just fairly innocuous places such as bars and pubs and the occasional sea festival, and I don't usually bring my camera along and do loads of snapping.










This is Mikhailovsky Palace, another example of famous Russian Romanesque/Baroque architecture. It was nice and cool and Russian and serene, and we looked down at the moat that functioned as a wishing well, for the moat bed was covered with pennies.

We walked, very slowly, back to Nevsky Prospekt, and Ksenia said that she'd take us to a nightclub. The bouncer let in everyone but me and another German girl, stating firmly that we looked underage. I snorted - 'I'm in my mid twenties, thank you very much -' but not too surprised, as this happens in Europe all the time. I actually didn't mind that much because I was a bit tired of having to move with the crowd, and was secretly elated at the chance to go off and do some exploring of my own. Alas, no such luck - the girls declared that they weren't that keen on the nightclub and decided to go with me. I said I was peckish and needed real food, so we went to a restaurant which was actually right next to the hostel. Well, 3 mins walk down the street. It was love at first bite. The restaurant is called Brynza, and the address is Pushkinskaya St., 1A, St. Petersburg 191040, Russia, and it is so awesome that it deserves its own entry.

For posterity's sake, here is the tripadvisor link.










No comments:

Post a Comment