carpediem

carpediem

Friday 7 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part XI - Hostel & the famous St. Petersburg metro (i)

Pushkinskaya metro


I was very pleased when we went back to the hotel, which was really just a glorified hostel. We got to choose our own rooms, and I asked Ksenia if I could get a room to myself because I didn't want to room with Giorgia - frankly, the idea was repugnant. Ksenia said no problem and I was given a choice of two twin-bed rooms. I went with my gut and chose the one I felt most comfortable with. I had to pay about 20 euros extra, but in my opinion that was 20 euros well spent. Just look at this nice room I got, all to myself. I had the time of my life here. I flopped around on the beds and threw myself on the bedding and wriggled my feet and used the Internet and closed my eyes and drank in the fact that I was in the heart of Russia, in St Petersburg of my dreams, and what better feeling is there to finally come to a place where you've longed to be for so long?








After we had washed and settled in and had a brief respite, we all went out again. St. Petersburg during the night is the St. Petersburg of Anastasia Romanov's Once Upon a December, with its damp pavements and wide roads and yellow glimmering lanterns that light up the city in all its neoclassical beauty.
My first taste of the famous St. Petersburg metro. Pushkinskaya station, which was 10 mins walk from the hostel.

More to come, and you can expect a lot of metro entries because those are a lot of pictures I took.








No comments:

Post a Comment