carpediem

carpediem

Monday 24 July 2017

Tallinn, part IX - Solaris Keskus & Lido, and Estonian Maritime Museum



I asked Nate, who'd visited a few years prior, if he could recommend any good restaurants here - 'and budget priced please, I'm not very well off -' and he suggested Lido.

So I walked there, and it looked straightforward enough on the map, ten minutes walk from the hostel right outside the Old Town it said on Google Maps. It still took me a good twenty minutes of walking and searching to actually get there.

I rather liked Lido, and ended up having lots of meals here, because as much as I liked elk soup and wurst and cucumbers, it was a bit monotonous, eating that day in and day out. All the potatoes you could imagine, and for under 3 euros. A serving larger than my face.

I found a table to myself, which was easy as there were loads of empty tables, and sat down to eat my potatoes and creamed and braised chops, and read Cursed Child.

Estonian Maritime Museum





Lido - yes please sauerkraut and potatoes











Lido.



No comments:

Post a Comment