carpediem

carpediem

Tuesday 11 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part XVI - Eliseyev Emporium Coffeeshop (ii)



Some more photos I took of the Eliseyev Emporium Coffeeshop. This is mainly a photo entry, as there's not really too much to say about this - I came, I saw and I didn't conquer, I guess. This place reminded me of the sweetshop that Kevin McAllister defended against the thieves in Home Alone 2. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that sweetshop was modelled on this one. The majestic Romanesque design, the gothic-lighting layout and the glass cases and intricately designs pastries and candies and patisserie displays.


Lenin candy



My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard









I simply had to take a photo of the large fake pineapple tree

This piano played itself a la Phantom of the Opera.






No comments:

Post a Comment