carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Tallinn, part I - the Old Town (Raekoda), Lai St. and Pikk St.



Three years ago, when Jake visited Tallinn, I asked him how it was. "Tallinn was very pretty and very boring," he said, and after spending several days there, I agree with him. The good thing about all this is that I got loads of picture perfect photos. The downside though was that I was bored stiff by the end of the second day, and ended up spending most of the time sitting on the windowsill writing in my journal, and looking out of the courtyard to see the resident hot Finn smoking and thinking his smoke-thoughts.

According to Google Maps, the road from the port to the hostel seemed pretty straightforward. and it was early noon, so I ambled along at a leisurely pace, and took loads of photos.

My hostel was in the street next to the old town square, so you can expect loads of pictures of that in the days to come. Also, I got picture perfect Baltic weather for the most part, so double whammy.

Life needs to be more boring beauty, and less rudery and lack of manners.



















No comments:

Post a Comment