carpediem

carpediem

Thursday 13 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part XXIII - Winter Palace Зимний дворец (iv)



I did what I do when I'm in vast museums or galleries - I zoomed around every floor and each room to get a general idea of where and what various things are, and then I did a slower, more in-depth audit of the places that I liked, or had an interest in, or got good vibes from. More photos, then.

Maybe I need to revisit the Winter Palace on my own. I really don't function well when I'm obliged to travel with, and adhere to other people's schedules. I thought the Winter Palace was very pretty but it also felt kind of cold and a little bare, even. My favourite palace museum so far is probably the V&A.

Blue and gilt gold is a very common combo here, and it's very becoming.









Janus.

One of the loveliest rooms in the entire palace, in my opinion.



Another gorgeous room with a beautiful ceiling.




Gilt and gold.





The pretty ceiling, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment