carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 5 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part VII - Random snapshots of Petrograd




After wandering around a bit more and still not finding Ksenia, I decided to walk to the rear gate where there was a large, spacey road. My reasoning was that they were probably looking for me as well, and that the car would probably be parked somewhere there. Sure enough, I did find the car, and the driver as well, who was extremely pleased to see me. He flapped at me and said a lot of things in Russian that I did not understand in the least, then he phoned someone - presumably Ksenia - and, it can be assumed, told her that he had found me. He then gestured for me to get into the car, which I was happy to do so.

The rest of the people came back, and funnyman Juan said to me, ______! We thought we'd lost you forever!

Off to a long overdue lunch.













No comments:

Post a Comment