carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 15 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part XXVII - Restaurant Brynza, Pushkinskaya and the streets of St Petersburg (i)

Pushkinskaya


And of course, Nevsky Prospekt


For the record, I'm not paid to endorse anything here. If I recommend a place it's because I've actually been there myself and was suitably impressed, and want to keep a record for future reference. I can say now, straightaway, that I'll be back in St. Petersburg, and I'll be visiting the Brynza again because that's the way I roll, and I usually get what I want.

Brynza. For future reference.







Of course I had borscht, and speaking as someone who's tried loads of borscht in easternmost Russia and somewhat knows what they're talking about, this is hands down the best borsht I have ever had.

Night, and then day.




I got up the next morning, had some very nice hostel breakfast as you do, and walked downstairs to Pushkinskaya to view the statue of the street's namesake.

Alexandre Pushkin

More Pushkinskaya




Hello, my Queen of Spades.

I returned to the hostel to meet up with the others, where we were chauffeured off to our next destination, the Piskariovskoye Memorial Cemetery. It was located very far away from the city centre, so it was a nice way of seeing the streets and boroughs of SPB as we drove out of the city.










No comments:

Post a Comment