carpediem

carpediem

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Tallinn, part XIII - Patarei Merekindlus (Soviet Sea fortress) - inside (ii), and Toompea

Toompea
Patarei Merekindlus

In my last entry, I was on the outside, looking in; now I am inside, looking out, but thankfully for me, this is not a permanent state.

It began to drizzle ever so slightly when I entered the Patarei grounds. I was informed, by an irritable middle-aged woman sitting in a dilapidated booth that barely qualifies as a ticket vendor, that I had to pay 10 euros (or something like that) to enter. Yeah, thanks but no thanks, I said. Bad vibes.

From Noblessner








I need to get out of here, and fast. What was it I said to someone earlier today? I always get what I want. I always get what I want, whether through fair means or foul, and I know what I want.

Lunch at Lido, and I think we've established by now that I am bad at taking foodies.


The rule of thumb whenever you're out and about, is to climb staircases whenever you see them, and to open doors and go through archways and follow the paths. Especially if you don't know where they'll lead you.
















No comments:

Post a Comment