carpediem

carpediem

Tuesday 11 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part XVII - The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood - Церковь Спаса на Крови (i)



We retraced our steps along the Griboyedov embankment, and slowly paced toward The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, or Церковь Спаса на Крови in Russian. When I saw this, I thought - this is what I came for, this is the Russia I came for, the Saint Petersburg that I've been waiting for and longing for all my life. Nothing quite captures the spirit of Russia so much as this cathedral does, with its colourful, almost candy-like facades and golden onion domes. I was in love. We all were in love. I will never be out of love.

More pictures, and more to come, of course.






You can see Juan laughing at me as he walks up. Fun fact, Juan's birthday is on the same day as mine







No comments:

Post a Comment