carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 5 July 2017

St. Petersburg, part VIII - Lunch at Ksenia's



Lunch was at Ksenia's home, or at least a restaurant that her mum owned. Her mum was there to greet us, and I couldn't help thinking that this was a rather neat business model she had come up with.

The lunch was very good, and I had my first taste of Petrograd food. On the one side of the table stood a beaker of clear vodka that gladdened my heart. There were also grapes and caviar on slightly stale toast.

We all sat down, and I made sure to sit as far away from Giorgia as possible, and really dug in, because I was quite hungry. I hadn't eaten for about 20 hours - I'd had that perfectly frightful unfrozen Kiev on the PR Maria, looked around the restaurants and decided that I wasn't that hungry after all, and apart from the black coffee I'd gotten in the morning I'd had nothing else to eat or drink. Also all the walking around and moving and cold air and sea had worked me up quite the appetite.

The potato salad was really nice, but my favourite dish was the mushrooms with melted cheese, hands down. Why don't we have this where I come from?







Hello old friend


For this I would return again and again and again

No comments:

Post a Comment