carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 30 June 2018

Bosnia i Herzegovina, part VI - Sarajevo (iv): City centre and the morning




When I left early next morning to catch my bus back to Zagreb, it was to find a completely different version of Sarajevo to the one that I had bade goodnight to the day before. This Sarajevo was blue-skied and clear, the air was fresh and crisp rather than cold and heavy and chill, and there was a sense of just-washed laundry about the whole city that was very becoming. I wish I'd been able to see more of this blue, clean Sarajevo, but alas, it was not meant to be, just like so many other things.

Can you tell, that I was a little sad at leaving, and at the city and the people I was leaving behind? I'm coming back, of course I'm coming back, but this time it will be different. To amend the words of my friend, I don't have the nerves for it anymore, and the years are passing me by.




Aboard the bus

Outside the AS






On my way out of Sarajevo

















One last.. doviđenja.


No comments:

Post a Comment